Thursday, October 14, 2010

Moisturize Me

The best moisturizer for my skin is Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I really like this stuff. I can almost hear my skin say AAHHHHH when I apply it. It's so crazy to have oily skin that still craves moisturizer. I would never have used it when I was younger, but should have. Hope in a Jar has a very unpleasant odor, but it does not linger. I have tried When Hope is not Enough and When hope is not Enough with SPF and I do not care for them. The first one has a weird texure and is very heavy and the second one is a little bit greasy. I need more of my favorite, but I have to finish the other two before I can restock : (


Every night I use their retinol cream, Help Me. Retinol gets rid of dead skin cells and helps speed up skin cell turn over. It will help shrink large pores. I really notice the effects of this cream when I stop using it. I have tried a retinol cream from Neutrogena and did not like it at all. It didn't do anything for my skin. I used it all because I think you really need to give a product a real chance to work. Unless it starts doing bad things to your face. If a product harms your skin stop using it, obviously.


Once a week I use the Microdelivery Peel. It smells of oranges and has exfoliating grains in it. The grains are fairly large, but not too large. You apply the scrub first and then add a solution that makes the scrub get foamy and heat up slightly. It really feels good and will leave your skin very soft.

The Philosophy line has really done wonders for my skin. I wish I had taken better care of my skin sooner. I was always trying to get rid of acne by totally stripping my skin of any oil and moisture. I still broke out and my skin was still very oily. My body was trying to but back the moisture that I kept taking away. So you young ladies out there with oily skin, moisture, moisture, moisturize your skin. Use an oil free, or water based product. Try a few and see which product is right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment