Friday, January 13, 2012

Wet N Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow

Happy New Year! This is my first blog post of the new year. Well, on this blog anyway. I have been super busy trying to keep hope alive. Since I have to be fugal with my makeup budget, I have been trying to find out how low I can go and still get good quality makeup. I've got the mascara bit all figured out. I do not need to spend over $10, even $5 for mascara. I was curious about the wet n wild eyeshadows. I think they were around $3, or less. I purchased #334 I'm Getting Sunburned and #335 Silent Treatment.



I'm Getting Sunburned instantly caught my eye.





The middle color is beautiful  in the pan. It is a dark brown with red and bronze shimmer.  Love the copper gold color. Pink highlight was a bonus. All three have great color payoff. Unfortunately you can not appreciate the depth of color and interest of the dark brown shade. It goes on the lid very flat and dark brown. It's a great color but it is more interesting in the pan than on the lid. The pink has too much shimmer for my liking. The gold, or copper color is nice, just nice, but I like it.

I thought that the silent treatment was a bit uninspiring in the pan, but it was a decent neutral palette. I find that I reach for this way more often than the other. I was pleasantly surprised by all of these shades. Again, all three shades have great color payoff. They all last all day ( at least 10hrs. ) with or without a primer. Love the browbone color because it has just a hint of shimmer. It isn't too flat and it isn't too frosty. I use the crease color along my upper lash line. The lid color on the inner portion of my lids and then I blend it out with a color from an old Chanel palette 








I will certainly give the rest of their shadows a look see. So far Wet n Wild cosmetics has a lot to offer the budget conscious shopper. What a pleasant surprise. I think I would like to try their lip products next!

No comments:

Post a Comment