Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Perfect Nude







The winner mac SISS!


I have been searching for the perfect nude lip color. This quest is still incomplete. I have gone through several combinations of lipsticks with gloss over it, and nothing was right. Here are some of the colors I have used in the past that were all wrong.


I was really excited to try Call my Bluff from mac. I used the lip gloss You've Got It over it. It just was not what I was after.



The look I was after is seen below. I wanted something that would compliment my skin tone because as you can see below, these models have different skin tones and lip colors, so they would not use the same lip color to get the nude look.

The color below is from NYX. It is called Uranus. A very unfortunate name. I know it's the name of a planet, but still. I mean what am I going to say? I am wearing Uranus on my lips. That's just wrong! I do like the color, but not to produce the nude lip that I was going for.



Another try with Peony by NYX. I like this color also but it is nowhere near a nude. These lip colors are nice, but the formulation is not. They go on streaky and you have to work with them to look good on. They are very moisturizing though.




I even tried these two colors from Revlon. Nope! The color on the right is called Hazelnut the other one's name excapes me at the moment


So some of my winners are Celebutard by Kat Von D, Siss by mac, and Creampuff by bare escentuals ( not shown ).

call my bluff, Uranus, sis, celebutard




No comments:

Post a Comment